French (5-12) Endorsement
A French endorsement can be added to an existing major by taking 24 credits in French in addition to a language methods course (note: some L&L Teaching major language methods courses might double count: speak with your advisor).
Many undergraduate Languages & Literatures Teaching majors supplement their work in English, Spanish or TESOL by acquiring endorsements or minors. These additional certifications offer L&L majors greater marketability when looking for teaching jobs and increase the range of fields in which people can work within the K-12 system. To acquire a second endorsement, one must also have a first endorsement earned with a teaching major. Contact an advisor for more information.
Endorsements can be added by Teaching majors in any field.
- Chinese Studies Certificate
- French Language Studies Certificate
- Hispanic Cultures Certificate
- International Business, Language, and Culture Certificate
- International Commerce Certificate
- Linguistic Studies Certificate
- Literary Publishing Certificate
- Post-Colonial and Multicultural Literary Studies Certificate
- Spanish Language Studies Certificate
- TESOL Certificate
- Contact Us