What Can I Do With a Major in the Study of Religion
One degree, unlimited possibilities...
You don't have to be religious to study religion. Learning about religion can be important for any career you choose because religion is one of the most important ways that humans find meaning in the world. Studying religion increases your cultural awareness, your understanding of the complexities of the world, and helps you enhance your critical thinking, speaking, and writing skills.
Studying religion can also help you understand who you are, what you believe and why you believe it, and who you want to be in the world.
Develop In-Demand Skills
When you study religion, you’ll learn to:
- think critically about our world
- write, speak, and think critically and with confidence
- work well with others
- read, think, and write about challenging subjects
- approach problems from a variety of perspectives and find imaginative solutions
- be flexible in your approach to your own future
- interact meaningfully with people from different countries and cultures