In 2007, the Department of Computer Science formed an advisory board. Its charge is to help UNI Computer Science leave a legacy in its service to the people of the State of Iowa — to become an extraordinary computer science department.
The charter members of the board have been involved as advisors to the department informally in the past through their involvement with individual faculty members and programs:
- Wade Arnold (2011-), recently of Banno, Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Tony Bibbs (2017-), GForge Group, Des Moines, Iowa
- Joseph Breu (2011-), Planet Labs, San Antonio, Texas
- Gary Scholten (2007-), Principal Financial, Des Moines, Iowa
- Rebecca Smith (2017-), Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Fred Zelhart (2007-), CodaBears, Inc., Chicago, Illinois