Prospective Graduate Students
The graduate program in speech-language pathology at UNI is known around the Midwest, and the nation, for its excellence. In fact, we recently received recognition as a “Best Graduate Schools for Speech-Language Pathology” from the U.S. News and World Report in 2021.
With an excellent foundation gained through our program, our graduates have a 100% career placement rate – working in clinical, hospital, and educational settings around the nation.
Graduate education in Speech-Language Pathology at UNI stresses the development of:
- An increased student interest and knowledge base within the area of communication and its related disorders.
- Independent critical thinking skills necessary for the effective evaluation and management of a broad range of communicatively impaired individuals.
- Clinical skills to effectively manage individuals with a broad range of communicative impairments.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to function as a contributor to an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
- Increased awareness of professional ethics and issues.