Gain experience, build your resume
Internships are a great way to apply knowledge from the classroom to real-world experience, giving you a chance to explore different career paths and specializations that suit your interests.
In addition, the extra experience gained through an internship will boost your marketability. In fact, students who graduate with internship experiences are more likely than students without those experiences to find employment upon graduation.
Boston University Medical Center
An eight-week internship in neurology brought senior Mollie Sherman face to face with the rigors of the medical field, and gave her the confidence that she could fulfill a dream.
The whole summer was spent, day in and day out, at the Boston University Medical Center, getting a first-hand look inside the minds of some of the best doctors and surgeons in the nation.
University of North Florida: Costal Biology Research
Growing up in rural, landlocked Iowa, Catherine Yeoman never expected to find her passion in marine biology. But as a junior in the UNI Department of Biology, Yeoman has already managed to kick off a unique college experience that’s brought her around the country – studying bottlenose dolphins in Florida and rehabilitating baby seals in Cape Cod.
- University North Florida: Costal Biology Research with Bottlenose Dolphins
- University of Minnesota Medical School: Life Sciences Summer Program – Research in Cancer
- Boston Medical: Summer Neuroscience and Neurosurgery Program
- University of Iowa Summer Health Program (SHPEP)
- Des Moines University Summer Scholar Program
- AmeriCorps: Positions on campus, in Iowa and nationwide